Tue Jul 26 10:34:09 AEST 2016
HOLDEN UNVEILS NEW HIGH-TECH 2017 COLORADO
HOLDEN UNVEILS NEW HIGH-TECH 2017 COLORADO
· Redesigned Holden Colorado set to make its public debut at tonight’s final 2016 State of Origin game
· New high-tech Colorado boasts rear view camera and Apple CarPlay® and Android® Auto across the range
· New levels of active safety including a forward facing camera with Forward Collision Alert and Lane Departure Warning
· Largest range of Colorado Genuine Accessories ever
The new 2017 Holden Colorado will make its public debut at ANZ stadium tonight as the Queensland Maroons battle the New South Wales Blues in the final game of the 2016 State of Origin series.
The redesigned Colorado is introduced with fresh styling, an extended range of accessories and a raft of high-tech additions from advanced connectivity to active safety features.
Holden New Zealand Managing Director, Kristian Aquilina, said the redesigned Colorado is a key vehicle in Holden’s future product portfolio and its progressive new styling, improved driveability and leading technology content are sure to be a hit with customers.
“Colorado has resonated well with customers in a segment that has more than doubled in sales in the last ten years, and we’re confident the new 2017 Colorado will build on this and redefine customer expectations of what a truck can be,” Mr Aquilina said.
“Not only does it come with fresh new styling, it also offers car-like refinement, ride and handling as well as vehicle technologies unique to this segment including Apple CarPlay® and Android® Auto connectivity.
“Colorado is also the only vehicle in the 4x4 utility vehicle segment to offer remote window activation – a feature we expect to be popular with customers in warmer parts of New Zealand.”
The 2017 Colorado retains the same assured off-road capability of its predecessor, but adds impressive on-road refinement and a go-anywhere spirit driven by advanced technology.
Colorado’s technology offering also provides notable safety enhancements, including a new forward facing camera with active safety features such as Forward Collision Alert and Lane Departure Warning.* For low speed manoeuvres, drivers are assisted by front and rear park assist on selected vehicles and rear view camera across the range.
Inside its slick new interior, Colorado boasts a new Holden MyLink infotainment system equipped with Apple CarPlay® and Android® Auto connectivity… delivered through a colour touchscreen housed in the vehicle’s centre stack. When coupled with Digital (DAB+) radio, embedded satellite navigation and voice recognition*, Colorado’s infotainment offering stands second to none.
Largest range of Colorado Genuine Accessories ever
The new range of Colorado Genuine Accessories represents the largest vehicle line accessory range Holden has ever produced, further enhancing Colorado’s new design and practicality.
Holden Engineering Manager – Accessories, Joseph Basile, said the extended range of accessories available on the 2017 Colorado was directly inspired by the Colorado Xtreme show truck and would better allow customers to tailor their vehicle to their specific lifestyle.
“When we revealed the Colorado Xtreme show truck back in March, we received overwhelmingly positive feedback, and that has driven us to make sure we included as many of the concept accessories as we could, into the final Colorado program,” Mr Basile said.
“In the coming months, the 2017 Colorado will deliver a plethora of all-new accessories to its range including a safari bar, fender flares, LED driving lights, 18-inch wheels and all-terrain tyres, so we’re confident there’s something for everybody.”
With a striking new design, range of high-tech features and refined driving manners from the talented Holden engineers, the 2017 Colorado will be launched in New Zealand in September.
Notable features on the 2017 Colorado include:
· Rear View Camera standard across the Entire Range
· Forward Collision Alert*
· Lane Departure Warning*
· Front Park Assist*
· New MyLink infotainment system with Apple CarPlay® and Android® Auto …
· New 7” and 8” colour touchscreens with Bluetooth streaming, voice recognition (via Apple CarPlay or Android Auto) and Digital (DAB+) radio as standard
· Embedded Satellite Navigation and Voice Recognition*
· Colorado Xtreme Show Truck inspired range – largest Colorado range ever
· Bullbars, Safari Bar, Bash Plates, Extended Rail Sports Bars, Steel Rear Step, Tubular steel Side Steps, LED driving lights, Fender Flares, Nudge Bar, Snorkel, 18in Wheels and all terrain tyres.
… Requires compatible device, Data rates may apply. Apple CarPlay is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. Android is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
* Available on selected models only